We are excited to announce that we have added a new security feature to our software: two factor authentication (2FA). 2FA is a way of verifying your identity when you log in to your account, using something you know (your password) and something you have (your phone or an email address). This adds an extra layer of protection to your account and prevents unauthorized access.
How does Two-Factor Authentication work?
When you enable 2FA on your account, you will be asked to enter a code that is sent to your phone or an email address you’ve entered, in addition to your password, when you log in. This code is valid for only for a short period of time. This way, even if someone knows your password, they won’t be able to access your account without your phone or email.
Why should I use Two-Factor Authentication?
2FA is one of the best ways to protect your account from hackers and cyberattacks. It adds an extra layer of security that makes it harder for anyone to access your account without your permission. It also gives you peace of mind knowing that your data and information are safe.
How Do I Enable 2FA in Postalytics?
To enable 2FA on your account, follow these steps:
- From the dropdown menu under your username, select Profile, then Two Factor Authentication on the left side.
- Select the method: Email or SMS.
- No matter the method you choose to use, enter the requested information, and use the checkbox to set up the system to ask for 2FA on each login*, then click “Save”..
- If you do not check the box, the system will only require the 2FA login every 14 days, if logging in on the same computer.
- If at any time you’re logging in on a different computer, you’ll be prompted to authenticate with your chosen method.
- Enter the code that is sent via Email or SMS.
- Click “Save” again, and you’re all set!
Your confirmation email with a code should be received within 5 minutes. Please be sure to check your spam folder if you have not received it within that time frame.
As most of our customers are based in the US or Canada, we’ve pre-configured the country codes accordingly. If you are outside of the US or Canada, contact us and we’ll add support for your country code.
You can check out the full knowledgebase article for more information and details on how to use the 2FA features.
Can I Disable 2FA After I’ve Set It Up?
You can disable 2FA in your account by logging in, navigating to the Two-Factor Authentication menu selection and choosing “disabled” from the drop down list and clicking “Save”.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication to Follow Security Best Practices
We highly recommend that you enable 2FA on your account as soon as possible. It only takes a few minutes and it will make a big difference in your account security. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know. We are always working to improve our software and provide you with the best experience possible.
Thank you for choosing Postalytics!