One of the biggest time saving features of Postalytics is the ability to copy a direct mail template.
Why Copy A Direct Mail Template?
There are many reasons why you’d want to make a copy of a direct mail template. Here’s the most common scenario:
- You’ve spent a lot of time & energy building your first template
- You have a new campaign that can use most of your previous work
- You’d like to make some modifications to the template, but not start from scratch
The other common scenario involves setting up an A/B split test with variants in the creative. You can focus your efforts on a building a “base” template, then quickly make copies & modifications for the variants you’d like to test.
How To Make A Copy Of A Direct Mail Template
Postalytics makes this super easy. Because each template is actually built and stored in HTML, rather than in image files, you can copy and edit in a snap.
Navigate To Your Template Library
Click “View Templates” in the top menu:
Click The 3 Dot “Action” Button, Then “Copy”
Once you find the direct mail template you’d like to copy, click the Action button and then choose the Copy feature.
Save Your New Template Under New Name
You’ll be launched into the Template Editor, where you can make any/all modifications to your new template and save it under a new name. IMPORTANT – the copy function will not complete until you save the new template at least once.
Copy A Direct Mail Template – Important Notes
- You can copy any saved template, whether it is in Draft or Proofed mode
- The feature works exactly the same for postcard and letter templates
- You can copy a template as many times as you like, there are no limits
- You must SAVE in order to complete the copy function